Sunday, January 31, 2010

Inspired by: let's go ride a bike!

Let's go ride a bike!
I've decided to take the jump, to take my transport on my own terms. I will still walk, I will still ride the cursed Muni, but a bike will now be part of my arsenal too. I can't wait.

I was a bike commuter in Phoenix many years ago because I couldn't afford a car--not a bike friendly place, the 115 summer days and 50 mph streets everywhere don't make it easy. When I moved to the Bay Area 4 years ago I sold my beater Nissan and embraced the beauty of public transit. But as the Governator raids public transit funds and MUNI slowly and surely cuts back service, taking the bus is no longer a trusted way to get around the city. Plus, I need the exercise and I can't commit to a gym...

Thanks for the inspiring blog and the bike loan Nicole! And yes, I will be relying on you my SF cyclist friends for a little mentoring!

No comments: